Which kind of waterproof bag fabric is good?
Judging from the name "waterproof bag", as the name implies, it is a waterproof bag. But in fact, a real waterproof bag has more than a simple waterproof effect.
Imagine that when many travellers go out to play, they go not only to places that are full of water like Sanya or islands. It is also common to walk through the mountains and into the forests. It is also common to spend the night in the mountains. When going up and down the mountains, they are rubbed or scratched by branches, so in addition to water resistance , The wear resistance and rub resistance of the bag are also very important.
Therefore, most of the waterproof bags in the market now use TPU material, which not only has better waterproof effect than ordinary materials, but also has a very good protective effect against wear and scratch. The most obvious kind of bag is the caving bag; when exploring into a cave, if the bag is not wear-resistant, it will break when you rub it. If you are in the mood to explore, figure out how to take away the scattered things in the bag.
The so-called waterproof fabric, generally the surface of the fabric is treated with a waterproofing agent, or the surface of the fabric is coated with plastic, PU, PVC, PA, etc., so that the fabric has waterproof work clothes, waterproof jackets, waterproof travel clothes, and can also be used as umbrella cloth , Tent cloth, luggage cloth, schoolbag cloth, hat cloth, shower curtain cloth, car cover, cargo cover cloth, etc., so its sales are increasing year by year.
How to choose a waterproof bag
Step 1: Think about the type of your itinerary
The first condition for deciding on a suitable waterproof travel bag is to be able to match the type of activities you are engaged in, and you must consider it.
1. The length of the itinerary;
2. The number of times used in a year;
3. The type of sports you engage in in outdoor activities;
4. What area will be explored;
Step 2: Decide on the basic style of a waterproof travel bag
Soft waterproof bag: small-medium-sized waterproof bag without internal support structure
1. The price is cheap and easy to buy;
2. It is portable and does not occupy volume.
1. The capacity is too small to satisfy even basic overnight activities;
2. The basic carrying system cannot comfortably carry large or heavy equipment.
External frame type waterproof bag: The fixed frame type structure can evenly distribute the equipment between the shoulders and hips. The waterproof bag body and the carrying system are attached to the external frame.
1. It can provide huge carrying capacity on easy to medium difficulty routes;
2. There is a lot of storage space inside the waterproof bag body, with convenient compartments, side pockets, and outer pockets to facilitate packing and access to equipment;
3. Powerful plug-in capability, which can efficiently mount a large number of equipment on the outer rack;
4. Because the back of the body and the back frame are lined with a breathable mesh belt when carrying it, it has good breathability and is more ventilated and dry to use;
5. Compared with the inner-frame waterproof bag of the same size, the price is relatively low.
1. Larger, wider, and heavier;
2. The center of gravity when the outer frame waterproof bag is filled is obviously relatively high, and it is difficult to maintain balance in difficult terrain, especially when climbing rock walls or drilling arrow bamboo forests;
3. Limited space for head movement;
4. The carrying system is not designed according to ergonomics, and it is not comfortable to carry.
Inner-frame waterproof bag: There is a structural support system inside the main body of the travel waterproof bag to effectively distribute the weight of the backpack evenly between the shoulders and hips.
1. The adjustable backpack system can be adjusted according to different body types, which is convenient and comfortable to use;
2. The smooth appearance with streamlined contour has more range of activities and free stretch elasticity in difficult terrain or cramped and narrow space;
3. The close-fitting design can move the center of gravity of the packaged weight with the center of gravity of the body, making it easier to maintain balance.
1. The main compartment of the waterproof bag is limited and it is not easy to pack;
2. Pack carefully and carefully beforehand to avoid the embarrassment of being unable to find the equipment when temporarily or urgently accessing equipment;
3. Because it is attached to the back, it is very breathable and ventilated, and it is often easy to sweat.
4. The price is generally high
Step 3: Decide on the waterproof bag material
Using PU-coated nylon fabric (for example: PU-coated 450D polyester, 210D nylon), it has the functions of waterproof, anti-drying, abrasion, and tear resistance. Whether a waterproof bag is durable or not, the fabric is the main determinant. I don’t think everyone would like to see that the waterproof bag is broken when the donkey is halfway through.
Step 4: Determine the size
Look for a waterproof travel bag that is large enough to hold all the necessary equipment, but small enough to be used and carried comfortably day by day. Remember! No matter how big a waterproof travel bag is, users usually have a tendency to fill up the waterproof bag. Unless there is a real need, avoid oversized waterproof bags as much as possible. The general size is classified in Europe and Asia. The size of the waterproof bag is large. The unit of calculation is the volume of liters (liter) that can be accommodated:
Below 30 liters: small waterproof bag, suitable for general hiking in the suburbs;
30~55 liters: multi-purpose waterproof bag, mostly used for rock climbing, river tracing, suburban mountain or weekend camping;
55~80 liters: a wide-purpose large waterproof bag, used for mid-level mountain and high mountain vertical walking;
80 liters or more: Expedition type large waterproof bag, long-day long mountain walks, overseas expeditions.
1. The inner-frame waterproof bag usually puts the sleeping bag in the lower compartment of the main bag, but the general outer-frame waterproof bag places the sleeping bag on the outer lower layer of the back frame;
2. There are some gaps in the calculation of capacity between different manufacturers;
3. The size of the waterproof bag should also consider the difference in height of each person. For example, people with short stature are not suitable for carrying a super-large outer-frame waterproof bag.
Step 5: Consider the appearance and function of the waterproof travel bag design
Once the correct style and size are determined, the next step is to compare the individual design differences between each waterproof bag. The convenience of packaging should make the waterproof bag easy to organize and the equipment is easy to access. It is customary and convenient to pack and unload the waterproof bag. Here are some points to note:
1. How many compartments are in the main belt;
2. The way of compartment design-top cover belt type or zip open type;
3. The number and configuration of small pockets or side pockets.
Most modern waterproof bags emphasize the multi-functional design to add more equipment or technical performance. For example, the side ditch bag can hold column-shaped equipment such as camp poles, mountain knives, trekking poles, etc., and the extended bag can increase the capacity and strengthen the waterproof bag. Waterproof (snow) function, crampons and sleeping pads can be attached to the crampon belt on the top cover.
The use of waterproof bags is to pass the multiple tests of time, high torture and pressure. It is important to find a lightweight and wear-resistant material! At the same time, attention should be paid to whether the sewing thread is firm, whether the zippers and openings are reinforced, whether the bottom of the waterproof bag is reinforced with double-layer treatment, and whether the contact point between the strap and the main body of the waterproof bag is strong enough.